Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair
Daniel Who Wants to Know Daniel Who Wants to Know is offline

Default 280V motor on 230V circuit

wrote in message
In alt.engineering.electrical Daniel Who Wants to Know
wrote:

| Yes like my Amana commercial RadarRange which is 4KW in 2.2KW out and
has 3
| HV magnetrons along with 3 each of the other necessary items (cap,
diode,
| etc.). It even has a current transformer that tells the control board
via
| current draw when the magnetrons are warmed up so that the timer doesn't
| start counting down until it is actually cooking. It has a standard
NEMA
| 6-20 plug on it now and will pop a bag of popcorn in roughly 75 seconds
| without scorching it. I can tell you it sure beats the hell out of
regular
| microwave ovens for most things. The only thing I still use the regular
one
| for are items that involve liquids as the Amana tends to make them
either
| boil over or boils out all of the water before the food is cooked.

Will it operate on single phase power, like I have in my home?

Considering a NEMA 6-20 plug only has the 2 hot prongs plus ground and the
cord is a 14-3 AWG with one conductor being ground, yes it is single phase.
:-)