The Natural Philosopher

Default Bowing house wall - tie rods?

Grunff wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Mm. Its not taht hard - acrows remove and replace basically.

If we did rebuild, we'd build the new house about 20 yards away from the
existing one, then knock down the old one.

Is it timber or brick?

Stone. Lots of chunks of granite, with *lots* of lime mortar in between.

Lovely. If you do rebuild, and need a shoulder to cry on, give us a
shout :-)

I also discovered I can do a good job on design, apart from the
structural bits, which I left to the architect..Someone asked me 'who
designed your house?' and after a lot of thought, I realised that how it
looks and how it works is entirely me, but how its built is 80% the
architect, 5% the structural engineers and 25% the blokes who built it.