Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.legal
richard richard is offline

Default Prospects of selling a house next door to a "reformed" spree killer?

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:46:06 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

richard wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 07:50:04 -0500, "HeyBub"

Any realtors reading?

Let's say someone like Kip Kinkel - schizophrenic kid who killed his
parents and shot up his school about 10 years ago - got a
commutation of his sentence as some people think he should since
they feel he was a "victim" who didn't get the help he needed and
was treated unfairly, and was in the market to buy a house. They're
convinced that with meds and supervision he would probably have no
problems living as a free man.

I assume realtors aren't going to turn down his money so I imagine
he'd find someone to sell him a house, but even if they make an
effort to conceal who the new neighbor is, I imagine at some point
word is going to get out that he lives in that house.

Would you even be able to give away any of the nearby houses once it
became common knowledge? Or, if a realtor made efforts to conceal
this fact when selling a neighboring house, do the buyers have any
recourse?

Sure. First you have to recognize that there are some things the
government won't or can't do to help you - you must take matters
into your own hands. You, and several of your burly neighbors, could
organize a little house-warming party for your new best friend. You
could make it clear to your new neighbor, partly though a show of
weapons, but mainly through the letting of blood, that his continued
presence is cause for discord and conflict within the community.

Guy I used to work with came home one day and his wife told him that
a new neighbor had groped or otherwise molested their six-year old
daughter. My friend and three of his buddies visited the perv and
beat him so badly he couldn't even lie down. Told him he had 48
hours to be out of the county.

It worked.

And the perv could have filed assault and battery charges as well have
sued in civil court and won.
Guess who the jail bird is now?

This isn't the days of the wild west where vigilante style law
enforcement is the law of the land.

It is here (I'm in Texas). Too bad some have to live in a community where
they have to put up with such nonsense. Our sheriff once said to a criminal
defense attorney: "Don't **** with me, asshole! I can get you killed for a
case of beer!"

Lest you think I exaggerate, Google "Joe Horn." This guy is waiting for a
grand jury to no-bill him for gunning down a couple of goblins in his front
yard. The squints had just burglarized Joe's neighbor. Joe saw his duty and
he did it.

As to your specific observations: If the complainant is dead, there's really
no viable criminal action. Regarding a possible civil action, that, too,
dies with the only adverse witness.

Oh, and the guy I used to work with? He was the resident deputy sheriff. In
the most populous county - out of 255 - in the state (about four million
people live here). It's a great place to be! (unless you're naughty).

Your deputy sheriff is a frickin loose cannon.
He should have been charged and placed on leave without pay.

Joe Horn was told several times by the 911 dispatcher that plain
clothes officers were on the scene. Yet, the man took the law into his
own hands and killed two people. Luckily, he got the right two. How
did he know those two goblins weren't cops?

Even texas cops get busted for violating the law.
Your friend just happens to be lucky so far.