Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Mandatory Headlights (was Colour Temperature (was CFLs andUHF interference) )

Dave wrote:

And I thought that the we were going green :-(
Just how much carbon dioxide are we going to put in the atmosphere by
doing that :-(

Darnn all.

Headlights are at most 100W; tail-lights typically 7W. That's 214W for
the whole system. Even allowing for generator losses you are looking at
well under 500W to drive them, from a car that probably produces 100kW.

On the other hand, those of us who have pop-up headlights will have
their aerodynamics wrecked by being forced to leave them up all the
time. And that *will* make a difference.

Oh, I know, I can use the front fog lights as day notice lights instead.
That'll do the trick. cue loud discussion

Andy

--
Can't anyone else rename a thread around here?