Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.legal
richard richard is offline

Default Prospects of selling a house next door to a "reformed" spree killer?

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 07:43:16 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

richard wrote:

Unless state law requires it, no real estate agent is required to do a
background check. In most states, it is illegal to deny an ex-con
housing based on this fact. Let alone a person on probation.

Huh? In my state, an ex-con cannot be a lawyer, schoolteacher, accountant,
become a barber, cosmetologist, surveyor, architect, get a hazardous
chemical endorsement for their driver's license, own an exterminating
company, nursery (either plant or kid), vote, become a notary, sell
securities, be a REALTOR(!), or drive a cab.

I'd be astonished to learn that ANY state outlaws discrimination against a
felon.

Which state would this be in?

The issue is housing. Not employment.