Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.legal
richard richard is offline

Default Prospects of selling a house next door to a "reformed" spree killer?

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 07:50:04 -0500, "HeyBub"

Any realtors reading?

Let's say someone like Kip Kinkel - schizophrenic kid who killed his
parents and shot up his school about 10 years ago - got a commutation
of his sentence as some people think he should since they feel he was
a "victim" who didn't get the help he needed and was treated unfairly,
and was in the market to buy a house. They're convinced that with meds
and supervision he would probably have no problems living as a free
man.

I assume realtors aren't going to turn down his money so I imagine
he'd find someone to sell him a house, but even if they make an
effort to conceal who the new neighbor is, I imagine at some point
word is going to get out that he lives in that house.

Would you even be able to give away any of the nearby houses once it
became common knowledge? Or, if a realtor made efforts to conceal this
fact when selling a neighboring house, do the buyers have any
recourse?

Sure. First you have to recognize that there are some things the government
won't or can't do to help you - you must take matters into your own hands.
You, and several of your burly neighbors, could organize a little
house-warming party for your new best friend. You could make it clear to
your new neighbor, partly though a show of weapons, but mainly through the
letting of blood, that his continued presence is cause for discord and
conflict within the community.

Guy I used to work with came home one day and his wife told him that a new
neighbor had groped or otherwise molested their six-year old daughter. My
friend and three of his buddies visited the perv and beat him so badly he
couldn't even lie down. Told him he had 48 hours to be out of the county.

It worked.

And the perv could have filed assault and battery charges as well have
sued in civil court and won.
Guess who the jail bird is now?

This isn't the days of the wild west where vigilante style law
enforcement is the law of the land.