Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.legal
Banty Banty is offline

Default Prospects of selling a house next door to a "reformed" spree

In article , Dick Adams says...

wrote:
(Dick Adams) wrote:

Let's change this to Lee (a gender neutral name), a convicted
sex offender sentenced to probation only, wants to buy or rent.

1) Who has a obligation to investigate Lee's background
before becoming Lee's agent or selling or renting to
Lee?

To clarify, I'm thinking of the realtor or seller of a
house in close proximity to the killer, not the killer's
realtor.

How many people purchased a house with any knowledge
of the history of their neighbors?

Also, neighbors move away and new people move in.

Not everything in life is in our control. One of the first tenets in wisdom,
IMO.

Banty