AlanG

Default Bowing house wall - tie rods?

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 22:27:56 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Darren Griffin wrote:

It may well be the end of your world if you are in the house when it comes
down.

I think it has a fair way to move before that happens, and would
be pretty obvious that something bad is about to happen. Houses
very rarely spontaneously self destruct without warning.

Walls do.
The very first house we bought about 30 years ago had this happen to a
boundary wall 6ft high and about 30ft long. Damp got into the
brickwork. One night we heard a loud bang and looked out to see the
wall totally demolished and lumps of ice sticking to the debris. I
would never have believed it could happen without the experience of
having seen it.

--
Alan G
"The corporate life [of society] must be