Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pictures, repainted the compressor

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:28:18 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:02:23 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus21958 quickly quoth:

On 2008-06-16, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:22:40 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,

Oh, they come apart? If it were mine, I'd soak the painted "crumpled
metal" before it got hot and the paint flaked off, going into the
compressor. Just a thought.

I don't think that mufflers for incoming air would get this hot,
unless there was a building fire.

They heat up instantly after the compressor has built up to pressure
and stopped. Also, any oil and solvent fumes in the air will work to
soften the paint. I'm talking about the overspray on the curlies
inside the case, not the perforated case.

P.S: Take a q-tip and touch up under the fins & fittings, eh?

good point, will do!

And have your dad spray under the mounting plate and where you sprayed
it with green. tsk, tsk, tsk

I think that it is not really a big deal, unlike your previous point,
which is a big deal.

Cameras are harsh critics, aren't they? I use mine to give me a
different perspective than what I take for granted with my eyes.

Yep. Also,

I thought the point was to allow the buyer to have the illusion that
it was brand new vs giving them a sure clue that it was a repaint, Ig.
And it's a one, maybe two, minute q-tip touchup. shrug

When I repaint something, I say so in the auction and give pictures of
the original.

Yes, but the illusion is still there in the eyes of the beholder. "Why
leave blatant clues as to its repainting when it takes so little time,
material, and effort to repair them?" is my question.

Maybe you like to do things right, but he doesn't. He like to paint stuff
and ask stupid questions.

take your personal and obviously intense dislike of Iggy off the
group. Or do like I do for people I dont like...put them in the kill
file

plink

Gunner

Yes ma'am, your feeble wish is my command.