Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
:Jerry: :Jerry: is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

"SpamTrapSeeSig" wrote in message
.. .
In article , ":Jerry:"
writes

"SpamTrapSeeSig" wrote in message
snip

Blame Volvo and the EU: one introduced them, the other mandated
them.
I doubt there's a shred of evidence that high-mounted central
brake
lights are a net safety improvement.

As a sound engineer and anti EU person, you are of course entitled
your opinion....

Indeed so. But I don't let dogma get in the way of facts.

The escalating 'arms race' of vehicle lighting is down to EU
regulation,

Come on, how many people remember 'old Cyclops' or the combined
tail/brake light (that is a single filament bulb that was used for
*both* brake and tail light)? My point, lighting regs have been
changing/evolving since before the EU (or even the EEC and before), so
basically what you are saying is, you don't mind change as long as
it's not a pan EU change - go figure...

which has recently also mandated the use of permanent dipped
headlights (IIRC on all vehicles made after 2010 or 2012).
Statistically speaking, one effect of this will be to increase
motorcyclist fatalities, or so we're told, not to mention energy
waste, etc.

People probably said the same things when traficators were
superseded...