Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
Mortimer Mortimer is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

"Dave" wrote in message
Mark Carver wrote:
Andy Champ wrote:

(Men have better night vision. Picking fruit vs hunting rabbits?)

****ing on target at 3am, without having to put the bathroom light on ?

IKWYM. Doesn't the light hurt the eyes if you do switch it on. :-(
I have good night vision and it gets spoiled by cars at both night and
day, who have badly aligned head lights, or fog lamps. Do drivers assume
that their fog lamps are driving lights, because they are not yellow? On
the same subject, I get blinded by the number of drivers that are using
head lights during the day and there is nothing better to distract you,
when they start flashing their lights in your rear view mirror as they
bounce along the road. As for motorcycles, why do they drive round using
full beam? That really gives me black spots in my vision. I've started to
put mine on now, when they approach me.

I've no problem with motorbikes using headlights during the day - anything
that makes them more visible as they overtake or when their outline is
masked by a large vehicle behind them has got to be a good thing.

The lights that really knacker my vision are rear (red) fog lights when I'm
travelling right behind and brake lights kept permanently on when drivers
are stationary in a queue of traffic. Why can't people use ther handbrake
rather than footbrake when they are stopped at traffic lights?