Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:48:55 +0100, Dave
wrote:

Mark Carver wrote:
Andy Champ wrote:

(Men have better night vision. Picking fruit vs hunting rabbits?)

****ing on target at 3am, without having to put the bathroom light on ?

IKWYM. Doesn't the light hurt the eyes if you do switch it on. :-(
I have good night vision and it gets spoiled by cars at both night and
day, who have badly aligned head lights, or fog lamps. Do drivers assume
that their fog lamps are driving lights, because they are not yellow? On
the same subject, I get blinded by the number of drivers that are using
head lights during the day and there is nothing better to distract you,
when they start flashing their lights in your rear view mirror as they
bounce along the road. As for motorcycles, why do they drive round using
full beam? That really gives me black spots in my vision. I've started
to put mine on now, when they approach me.

AFAIK you can't buy a motorcycle in the UK where you can switch the
headlights off! I don't know anyone who rides around on full beam.

You won't like the latest EU proposals - they want compulsory daytime
running lights for all motor vehicles.

--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org