Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.legal
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Prospects of selling a house next door to a "reformed" spreekiller?

wrote:
Any realtors reading?

Let's say someone like Kip Kinkel - schizophrenic kid who killed his
parents and shot up his school about 10 years ago - got a commutation
of his sentence as some people think he should since they feel he was
a "victim" who didn't get the help he needed and was treated unfairly,
and was in the market to buy a house. They're convinced that with meds
and supervision he would probably have no problems living as a free
man.

I assume realtors aren't going to turn down his money so I imagine
he'd find someone to sell him a house, but even if they make an
effort to conceal who the new neighbor is, I imagine at some point
word is going to get out that he lives in that house.

Would you even be able to give away any of the nearby houses once it
became common knowledge? Or, if a realtor made efforts to conceal this
fact when selling a neighboring house, do the buyers have any recourse?

Hi,
Word predisposition comes to mind.