Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Engineer[_3_] Engineer[_3_] is offline

Default NiMH cell charging

Perhaps some of the experts here could address this - I am not a
battery expert!
We have two digital cameras, both Canons - an A75 and an SX100IS.
They gobble up AA MiMH cells, particularly the SX100IS which uses only
two. I have one NiMH charger and one old NiCAD charger.
I also have a variety of NiMH cells, from green "no name" ones to
state-of-the-art Sanyo "eneloop" types, with some other brands in
between.
Some questions:
Can I charge the NiMH cells in the NiCAD charger? I think this
charges them more slowly as they don't get as hot as in the NiMH
charger.
Could I even leave them in the NiCAD charger to stay fresh? Not so
sure about this as it does not shut off (old analog design) - but I
could regulate the input AC voltage to turn it into a trickle charger
(but NiMH's might not like that, either.)
So, all comments or suggestions elcomed... also any other other
proven, established NiMH lore or sources!
Thanks for all replies
Cheers,
Roger