Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Sketchup is nifty!

Swingman wrote:
"Jack Stein" wrote
Seems to me when specifying a hole size, you would also specify r for
radius or d for diameter.

Any one else chiming in to quibble for the sake of quibbling should
contemplate the following BEFORE they open their mouths and let their inner
idiot out:

I wasn't chiming in to "quibble" with you. I was "quibbling" with
anyone that stated an assumption should be made that a dimension for a
hole is a diameter. I thought I was agreeing with you, since you stated
you specified radius and someone else missed that fact. I just went
back and looked, and you clearly showed the dimension you showed was the
radius, and no assumption needed made.

POSTED WAS A JPG FILE RENDERED FROM A 3D DRAWING!

POSTED WAS A CAD FILE!

THE POSTED JPG P*I *C*T*U*R*E IS *NOT* A MEASURED DRAWING TO BUILD FROM!

I think anyone here could build that box from the P*I*C*T*U*R*E you posted.

(download the CAD file, and READ the actual drawing if you want to do that,
the DIFFERENCE between a "radius" and "diameter" dimension on this CAD
DRAWING is OBVIOUS, providing you take the time to LOOK *before* you open
your mouth's to quibble!)

Didn't have to LOOK at all, I was NOT "quibbling" with you, I was
"quibbling" with Lew I guess because he said standard drafting practice
is to dimension all holes by diameter. I think standard practice is to
specify what the dimension is, generally with a r or d, but drawing a
line from the middle of the hole to the end also works, now that I look
at your picture.

BEING A RENDERED PICTURE FROM A 3D DRAWING, DO NOT BUILD FROM IT!

A rendered picture with dimensions shown is all anyone should need to
build a simple box...

BEING A RENDERED PICTURE FROM A 3D DRAWING, DO NOT BASE A "DIMENSION"
ARGUMENT ON IT, YOU WILL LOOK A FOOL!

If you list the dimensions, as you did, why would anyone be a fool for
using those dimensions? You seem to be some what trust worthy.

THIS IS A RENDERED JPG FROM A 3D DRAWING, SO DON'T MAKE ANYTHING FROM IT!

If the dimensions are wrong, you should say so rather than post them up
for some "fool" to use them to build a box with a hole in it.

THE POSTED P*I *C*T*U*R*E IS *NOT* A MEASURED DRAWING TO BUILD FROM!

Excuse me, it looked like measurements were listed on the P*I*C*T*U*R*E?

IF YOU DO ATTEMPT TO BUILD FROM THIS PICTURE YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

I've built things far more complicated than a bird house from a picture,
including pictures with NO dimensions listed.

IF YOU WANT
TO BASE AN ARGUMENT ON THIS JPG RENDERING OF A 3D CAD DRAWING, YOU ARE A
BIGGER IDIOT.

If you want to "quibble" with someone that was stating the obvious and
not disagreeing with you, then you are an even bigger idiot than I.

IF YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A "RADIUS" AND "DIAMETER" ON THE
ACTUAL CAD DRAWING, STFU AND LEARN TO *READ* A DRAWING BEFORE YOU SPOUT OFF!

I had no problem reading your P*I*C*T*U*R*E and could build a damned box
from it with the exact size hole AS*YOU*SPECIFIED in the P*I*C*T*U*R*E.
As I stated in my post, would not matter to me if you specified radius
or diameter, I could figure it out from there long as I didn't have to
assume.

Anyone else! ... if so, politely go **** yourself in advance!

Damn, it's just as hard to agree with you as to disagree...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com