Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Should I reglaze or replace my windows?

dpb wrote:
Follow ransley's advice and get an energy audit. Your PowerCo may have
it as a service or the heating fuel source distributor...

I intended to add that if the windows are in as good a condition as they
appear from that picture on the outside, I'll venture they're not going
to have a very quick payback at all.

I'm virtually positive I'd reglaze and (perhaps) look into
higher-quality storms as those appear to be pretty inexpensive aluminum
ones as the cheaper and more cost-effective route.

But, the audit will tell you where you're big-ticket items are and how
far down on the list the windows are in comparison.