Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default Maximum Distance of Toilet from Vertical Stack?

On 2008-06-17, Johnny V wrote:

In the interest of planning the job, I'm wondering, Can a Toilet, (as
part of a bath, including shower and lavatory, or half bath including
only lavatory), be attached to a Horizontal branch of a waste stack?
I've only ever seen them attached to the vertical sections of the
stack. If so, what restrictions are there on the length of the
Horizontal branch.

My understanding is that they are fine on a horizontal branch of
appropriate size, as long as you have a vent take off sufficiently
close to the closet bend.

Cheers, Wayne