Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM DaveM is offline

Default QUESTION: Yamaha MX-1000 Power Amplifier Problem

"EADGBE" wrote in message
I recently acquired a used Yamaha MX-1000 Power Amplifier that was
VERY dirty.

I opened it up and found probably 3 cats' worth of fur covering the
components inside. You could barely identify the various capacitors,
resistors, etc.

I am no stranger to cleaning out dirty audio gear, and so I took my
trusty Hoover and **CAREFULLY** vacuumed out all of the fuzz and lint
I could see. I also used a small paintbrush as a miniature whisk
broom to get in the tighter areas.

I was very, VERY careful not to disturb any wiring connections.

I carefully put the top cover back on and used the amplifier for a
couple of days with no problems whatsoever.

But now I have noticed that the digital wattage readout on the front
of the amp no longer lights up. I believe that it DID light up
normally after I re-assembled the amplifier, but I still can't help
wondering if I did something to break a connection somewhere.

Does anyone have a schematic for this amplifier? It's really not a
very important feature, but it bothers me that it no longer works.

Is this a common problem on these amplifiers?

Any assistance will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in
advance..........

(I also posted this to rec.audio.tech, not knowing which
newsgroup was more appropriate....my apologies......)

You can buy a service manual for your unit from
http://www.servicemanuals.net/Servic...1/results.aspx.
$15.00 for a download, $16.99 for a paper copy.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Experience: What you get when you don't get what you want