Posted to sci.electronics.repair
EADGBE EADGBE is offline

Default QUESTION: Yamaha MX-1000 Power Amplifier Problem

I recently acquired a used Yamaha MX-1000 Power Amplifier that was
VERY dirty.

I opened it up and found probably 3 cats' worth of fur covering the
components inside. You could barely identify the various capacitors,
resistors, etc.

I am no stranger to cleaning out dirty audio gear, and so I took my
trusty Hoover and **CAREFULLY** vacuumed out all of the fuzz and lint
I could see. I also used a small paintbrush as a miniature whisk
broom to get in the tighter areas.

I was very, VERY careful not to disturb any wiring connections.

I carefully put the top cover back on and used the amplifier for a
couple of days with no problems whatsoever.

But now I have noticed that the digital wattage readout on the front
of the amp no longer lights up. I believe that it DID light up
normally after I re-assembled the amplifier, but I still can't help
wondering if I did something to break a connection somewhere.

Does anyone have a schematic for this amplifier? It's really not a
very important feature, but it bothers me that it no longer works.

Is this a common problem on these amplifiers?

Any assistance will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in
advance..........

(I also posted this to rec.audio.tech, not knowing which
newsgroup was more appropriate....my apologies......)