Posted to alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default temporarily moving my water heater

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 04:45:01 -0700, wrote:

Getting a new furnace with air finally........

but the basement has water troubles, the base of the old furnace is
badly rusted.

to facilitate the interior french drain install i am going to have to
remove or relocate my hot water tank temporarily for the drain work.

once finances recover a little i want to replace that heater which
currently vents up the chimney, to a sealed combustoion 95% condensing
heater. shopping for that today. DONT want a tankless!

anyone move a tank successfully? ours s over 7 years old, a 50 gallon
75,000 btu model.

if $ were no object i would replace it too right now but prefer to wait
till later this summer

If you are able to install a new hot water heater, you certainly should
be able to move an existing one. Drain it to lighten the load.
Disconnect. Move. Reconnect. If you have all the fittings and parts,
should take half a day max.

Franz Fripplfrappl