Terry

Default New Electrical Regs - Again

Dave Plowman wrote:

My neighbour, a widow, was told most emphatically by the chap that
services her water heater - I assume CORGI registered - that her electric
cooker could only be replaced by a registered tradesman. This *might* be
the case with a gas one, so he simply transferred this rule to include all
cookers. And she believes him rather than me. ;-)

Mr Chairman (Dave): Point of clarification please. Meaning?

"Snip ...... the chap that services her (GAS?) water heater
that her electric cooker could only be replaced (BY A GAS
COOKER?) by a registered tradesperson".

Or am I missing the point? Slightly!

Sounds like the usual business of a) Don't believe everything
(much) of what you are told and b) Any buyer or potential buyers
responsibility to find out to a sufficient degree what they are
agreeing to/contracting for; caveat emptor.

Regards. Terry.

PS. Love those bottom 'one liners' on your posts.