Posted to alt.home.repair
blueman blueman is offline

Default Many false alarms with Nighthawk CO/Gas detector

We bought several of the $60 Nighthawk combined CO/Gas detectors and
find that the gas alarm gets triggered by just about any organic
solvent we use in the house including:
- Methanol
- Paint thinner
- Whatever our cleaning people use for cleaning the floors
- etc.

The alarm is pretty sensitive. A single rag dipped in alcahol left in
the hall will set off the alarm after a few minutes.

The result is that we have become "desensitized" to the alarm assuming
first that it must just be some solvent triggering it.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?