Posted to alt.home.repair
bent bent is offline

Default Why do (pool) water test strips have both a pH and Alkalinity Low to High scale?

I think I now have also another logical legitimate good question, too,
stemming from this. If the pH and TA responded the same to the same
chemical additions under the same conditions so far: does that mean that the
chemical for fixing a high pH and the chemical for fixing a high TA woud be
the same?

Oh, wait I just wrote this didn't I: "I do have a chemical labelled for pH
down, which is "acid sulphate of soda" which says "to lower pH and
alkalinity of swimming pool water"."

So there are only 2 chemicals for the four possible problems of:
pH low
pH high
TA low
TA high