Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus21958 Ignoramus21958 is offline

Default Bruce -- compressor

On 2008-06-16, JohnB wrote:
I may be wrong on this point, but I think that if the motor shaft support
bearings are bad enough that they do not keep the motor rotor centered in
the stator, this can cause higher than normal currents also.

I have ordered a new bearing from McMaster (double sealed 6206ZZ)
and will receive it tomorrow. I will disassemble this motor today.

I think that after all the fixing, and revisiting the run capacitor
wiring that I may have bungled, it should be able to run the pump.

"Ignoramus21958" wrote in message
Bruce, I called Champion and according to them, this pump is very old,
but they had data on it and said that it is a 5 HP pump with 500-600
RPM speed range.

So, I will do some pulley math tonight, but at this point I think that
the pulley is appropriate and the motor is appropriate and I just need
to find out why the motor does not spin it as hard as it should and
why it gets so hot and bogged down.

I am going to order a 6206 bearing to replace the DE bearing, which is
total **** at this point.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/