Posted to alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default Hanging in Drywall

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 02:02:28 -0700, Senin wrote:

I want to hang a framed mirror over my fireplace. The thing must weigh
50 lb. I want to make sure its secure. The stud is not exactly in the
right place. What do you guys think about thos hooks into the dry wall
such as
http://www.drywallhooks.com/servlet/Categories "Spring Steel: Spring
steel provides high yielding strength without the Heavy Duty Wall Hanger
loosing it's original shape. This allows for heavy objects to be hung
and not fearing of the product "buckling" under too much stress.

Revolutionary Design: Requires NO TOOLS! No longer will you need to use"

Are these too good to be true, or do they work?

Thanks

These hooks seem like a dream come true for some applications. You could
always use several hooks for your mirror. Every hook you add will help
distribute weight.

Franz Fripplfrappl