Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default pool pump motor capacitor question

Smitty Two ha escrito:
etc..

The centrifugal switch contacts on my compressor motor were
intermittent, and I ended up replacing the switch. But I don't consider
the few dollars I spent on new caps as a first attempt, to have been
wasted.

thanks for the useful replies.- part of the problem here is that I'm
working 'blind' , not having seen the setup or been able to check it
out for myself, I don't even know what type of motor it is or how old
etc. All I've seen was the cap that was shown to me briefly. I'll try
and get out there to take a look for myself and post back. meanwhile
will follow up on the links and advice posted here.
cheers, B.