Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus21958 Ignoramus21958 is offline

Default Bruce -- compressor

Bruce, I called Champion and according to them, this pump is very old,
but they had data on it and said that it is a 5 HP pump with 500-600
RPM speed range.

So, I will do some pulley math tonight, but at this point I think that
the pulley is appropriate and the motor is appropriate and I just need
to find out why the motor does not spin it as hard as it should and
why it gets so hot and bogged down.

I am going to order a 6206 bearing to replace the DE bearing, which is
total **** at this point.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/