Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default CFLs and UHF interference

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Thats true for dusk, but not sunset/sunrise.

Dusk is in any case a time when our own colour receptors start to pack
in: we tend to see grey only.

Even more amusing was taking time exposures by moonlight: the film
itself (pre digital) would give an overall green cast to the picture.

I recall once many years ago waking up in the night, and looking out at
the moonlit garden with the frost on the plants, getting out the tripod,
and taking a picture. When I got it back I spent about 5 minutes
wondering why the heck I'd taken a picture of the garden. All that nice
silvery effect had gone, it looked just like daylight!

Not a touch of green though. I suspect it was Agfa slide film, as I
usually used it because (a) cheaper than prints and (b) the mounts were
nicer than Kodak.

Andy