Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Folding ally sack barrow from where?

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:04:14 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:34:53 +0100, T i m wrote:

p.s. The best VFM I've found so far is with Screwfix.
http://tinyurl.com/3lkzac

Check how the wheels lock (or not...) in the operating position. The ones
of this type I have used have a habit of the wheels folding back,
particulary on uneven ground.

Ah, the one I had (but can't find) has been pretty reliable so far so
hopefully is one of the good ones?

Depending on what you mean by "stuff" have you considered one of the
folding box type?

Yes, and I have one Dave but in this instance (for Mum) the sack
barrow design would be most suitable. In fact I popped in on my way
home tonight and carried a fairly large (but luckily empty) concrete
tub from the front of their house to the back and moved another plant
from her lean-to to the front of the house. Luckily for the last job
we used a low 4 wheeled truck but it still involved lifting said plant
on and off again. I think a sack barrow would have removed the need to
have done the lifting bits?

This might be better for trundling tools etc about than
a sack truck. The wheels are small though and on pea gravel get jammed...

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...ding-box-truck

Yeah, I have something similar and as you say the wheels can get
caught up fairly easily. I think the ally (especially as they are so
light) folding sack barrows are probably the best of all worlds. I
have another sack barrow with small castors up at the handle end and
that's handy for shifting and holding engines etc.

or a folding wheel barrow?

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...ng-wheel-barro

Hmm, that's interesting ... I think I spotted one of those on TV this
morning.

All the best ..

T i m