Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Sketchup is nifty!

Seems to me when specifying a hole size, you would also specify r for
radius or d for diameter. To not specify may or may not assume one or
the other, but to not indicate what your talking about would be bad form
for most any purposes. My guess is to NOT specify would assume
diameter, not radius, and it would be folly to state a 1" hole and
assume 1" radius... A 3/8 drill doesn't drill a 3/4 hole, but stating a
hole with a 3/8" radius or 3/4 diameter has got to be correct form
regardless. I think I learned radius was 1/2 diameter in 2nd grade. If
you can't figure it out after that, your too dumb to have a drill or a
hole saw in your hands anyway.... Hell, even I can divide or multiply by 2.

IF radius OR diameter was specified, everyone, including an engineer
should be good to go.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Swingman wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote

Which is why HOLES are dimensioned by diameter, independent of material
and layout tools.

At least it was, maybe things have changed.

Don't give a rosy red rats ass about engineering drawing standards. My
intent was to share one little aspect of an enjoyable, for me, project with
some fellow wooddorking buds, and not get into a ****ing contest.