Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Replacement Soldering Tips for Soldering Station

"DaveM" wrote in
:

"JR North" wrote in message
I bought one of these on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-soldering-ST...W-Extra-tip_W0
QQitemZ290238359950QQihZ019QQcategoryZ109556QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQc
mdZViewItem it works well.
The box says Sydney Electronic Tools and also shows 3 sets of
replacement tips 5-7 each in various sizes and configs on the box
These are .187" shank ferrule mounted tips.No instructions or company
info in the box. (don't need any Ebay finger-wagging). The seller is
no help. Can't find the company on Google(prolly Chinese)-just get
loads of Sydney, Australia links and 'tips on soldering' . Other
links for known brands like Weller don't offer a'kit' of tips, just
ploddingly large lists of individual tips, and don't list the shank
dia alot of the time.
Anyone have anything helpful? thanks
JR
HOME PAGE:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

Your soldering station is exactly the same as the Tenma unit here
(http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/21-7945), just with a different
brand name. In fact, I've seen these same units being sold by a
number of vendors. MCM has extra tips and sponges for the unit. The
tip shank diameter is 0.187", same as yours. Tips are sold
individually. I bought one of these stations a few months ago when
they were on sale at around $13 USD. It's a bit slow to heat up, but
seems to do the job adequately, even on connections to a large ground
place and connections to metal chassis.

I think that's a Weller product;WLC100

http://www.cooperhandtools.com/brand...fm?upc=0371030
59963