Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Pictures, repainted the compressor

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:22:40 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus25555 quickly quoth:

On 2008-06-16, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:52:06 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus25555 quickly quoth:

I did the top (green) part, my father in law did the bottom (red)
part.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Cham.../02-Repainted/

Um, how did you mask all those openings in the air filters, Iggy?
What's that? Did I just hear an "OH, SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!"

These are mufflers, not filters.

Same/same.

I actually disassembled one to look. I do not believe that the paint
is going to do anything to them. They look like a bunch of crumpled
metal inside.

Oh, they come apart? If it were mine, I'd soak the painted "crumpled
metal" before it got hot and the paint flaked off, going into the
compressor. Just a thought.

P.S: Take a q-tip and touch up under the fins & fittings, eh?

good point, will do!

And have your dad spray under the mounting plate and where you sprayed
it with green. tsk, tsk, tsk

I think that it is not really a big deal, unlike your previous point,
which is a big deal.

Cameras are harsh critics, aren't they? I use mine to give me a
different perspective than what I take for granted with my eyes.

I thought the point was to allow the buyer to have the illusion that
it was brand new vs giving them a sure clue that it was a repaint, Ig.
And it's a one, maybe two, minute q-tip touchup. shrug

--
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of
leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination