Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default CFLs and UHF interference

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:45:57 +0100 someone who may be The Natural
Philosopher wrote this:-

The Athabasca tar sands were known in the 60's because I remember them
from my 'O' levels..

As it says at http://philhart.com/peak_oil/introduction

"The simplest observation to begin with is that you must discover
oil before you can produce it. Figure 1 shows the worldwide trend of
oil discovery and production. This chart reveals several important
facts:

"* There were enormous early discoveries (in the Middle East) in the
late 1930's and late 1940's

"* Worldwide oil discovery peaked in 1964 and has been falling ever
since

"* Every year since 1984, we have been discovered less oil than we
have produced

"* We currently find one barrel of oil for every four that we use"

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh