Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default HVLP gun questions

"Ignoramus25555" wrote in message
After today's compressor painting session, I am very interested in
buying a good "HVLP gun". I have seen some videos on Youtube of these
guns in operation and I was impressed. They leave nice swaths of
quality paint and do not make much overspray.

So I basically have two questions.

1. Can anyone recommend a good HVLP sprayer, I do not mind paying a
premium price for something that works very well and for which parts
are available.

2. What kinds of paints can be sprayed from said HVLP sprayers.

I have a binks HVLP gun, a high end chinese gun, and a harbor freight gun, -
I haven't used the harbor freight one yet - the binks cost $450, the chinese
one $150, the HF $14 - I use the binks for putting paint on cars, I use the
chinese one for putting primer on cars - I also used it to paint the imron
on my delta drill press (photos on my web site) - the Binks is nicer - you
can decide if it's enough nicer