Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Funny stuff in F&E tank

"Dave Liquorice" wrote

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 19:48:38 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

Quite a few large water droplets (presumably condensation)

Yes.

collect on the underside of the perspex. I'm wondering whether I should
put some insulation over the top?

You really need to ensure that this water doesn't reach the edge of the
tank and sneak out due to capillary action and run down the outside making
the supporting timber permenantly damp and thus a nice home for rot or
worm...

As for the brown slime I don't know what it is but it's in my F&E tank and
appeared very quickly. The system is again old and I don't think had any
inhibitor in it until I drained it down changed some of the plumbing and
dosed it. It might be some form of anerobic bacteria or algae (but I think
algae need light).

--
Cheers
Dave.

Talk to Fernox
This is likely to be a fungal type growth which is readily treatable with a
Fernox additive to your header tank.
No I don't work for Fernox, but my FIL and I have both had similar problems.
Describe your findings to the Fernox tech guys (who are pretty good), they
will point you in the right direction

Phil