Posted to alt.home.repair
blueman blueman is offline

Default Copper unions - slip x mips?

"John Grabowski" writes:
"blueman" wrote in message
Speedy Jim writes:
blueman wrote:
Is a 1" copper union slip x mips commonly available?

I couldn't find it at Home Depot or at a couple of the online stores
that I searched. They only had slip x fips or slip x slip.

Thanks

They are Nibco series #733-4, all they way up thru 2 1/2" size.

.pdf he
http://www.nibco.com/assets/coppercat.pdf

That looks like EXACTLY what I need.

But you're going to have to visit a real supply house.

I plan on hitting a major Boston-area plumbing supply house Monday
morning - would it tend to be a stock item or would even they need to
special order it?

Usually Monday morning is the worst day for an amateur to visit a
supply house. All of the pros come in and the counter people will
take care of them first and won't want to be bothered with your
questions. I suggest an afternoon visit later in the week to get more
attention and respect. It's good to have the brand and part number.

I actually have an account at the plumbing supply store and have spent
many thousands there this year alone buying supplies (and appliances)
for myself and several family members. That being said, I won't get
there anywhere close to 7AM when most of the contractors crowd the
place so I'm not worried...