Posted to rec.woodworking
wheelzuk[_2_] wheelzuk[_2_] is offline

Default 9mm Forstner bit in UK?

"Norman Billingham" norman.at.tumulus.org.uk wrote in message ...
Anyone know where I can buy a 9mm (not 3/8") Forstner or sawtooth bit in the
UK?

I'm a little surprised in the fact +0.52mm isn't accurate enough for you.

However, I wondered if you'd considered a 9mm spade bit for your task? They're more readily available, all indicators on Screwfix and Axminster led to a 3/8ths size bit, for the forstner bit. Rutlands who I consider at the top end of the British market also only do either a 3/8ths or 8 and 10mm forstner bit.

I feel you may have to compromise, or, have your own bit milled to exact specifications?

Regards
John
wheelzuk