Posted to alt.home.repair
Lee Lee is offline

Default What is "standard" height of bathroom vanity?

bobmct wrote:
We are in the process of remodeling one of our bathrooms. The new
vanity we purchased (48") is 34" high without the top. We measured
our other one(s) in the house and they are about 31-32". Back to the
home center and most of 34"+. Is this a new trend? Is there a
"standard" height? Just wondering....

Bob

Yeah, that one caught me by surprise. I had a new bathroom vanity
installed last yr in preparation for selling, and let the contractor
pick it out. (Row house, just needed a pretty generic vanity. Anything
was an improvement over the old swirly gray Formica). It looked good...
and then I went to use it. I'm 5' tall, so brushing my teeth was
suddenly a bit more of a challenge, LOL. Not a huge deal - if that's
what prospective buyers expect, I'm glad we got it.