Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Ekco CR280 valve/tube car radio

On 2008-06-14, N_Cook wrote:
The vibrator had obviously been removed at some point (putty-stuff is

split)
in the past. what to look out for when testing these and how to remove

that
putty-like goo if necessary, warming with hot-air?. I assume test with

load
attached but what to do if a problem within the vibrator.?

I doubt there's much chance of finding a replacement vibrator these
days, if its contacts have gone. I wonder if anyone has come up with
a design for a solid-state (plug compatible) replacement?

Mike.

I have some schema for similar Ekco CR... radios and the vibrator would seem
to contain a valve or 2 inside as well as coil and bell-mechanism.

If you can get inside the can , do they have oil or anything inside ? under
that goo would there be a contact adjustment aperture ?
A long time ago I seem to remember trying to deal with one where the contact
make-break was very irregular and I never could make it work properly

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England