Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Remove _ for valid address Remove _ for valid address is offline

Default Ekco CR280 valve/tube car radio

On 2008-06-14, N_Cook wrote:
The vibrator had obviously been removed at some point (putty-stuff is split)
in the past. what to look out for when testing these and how to remove that
putty-like goo if necessary, warming with hot-air?. I assume test with load
attached but what to do if a problem within the vibrator.?

I doubt there's much chance of finding a replacement vibrator these
days, if its contacts have gone. I wonder if anyone has come up with
a design for a solid-state (plug compatible) replacement?

Mike.