Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default CFLs and UHF interference

Lumme that stirred it up - and it was only the RF pollution I mentioned!

A couple of points guys on that long discussion:

Colour Temperature - the CFL is a lot closer to daylight for our
3-colour-sensor eyes than the old incandescent. I daresay people said
that the incandescent was too blue, and lamplight was better... And no,
I wouldn't want to mix paint under a CFL. Nor choose it.

On costing - IMHO the only energy that isn't fully costed is fossil.
The cost of dealing with all that waste CO2 just isn't being taken into
account. Oil taxes should be way higher - and then we could get rid of
all those stupid thing like "road fund licence" too.

Andy