Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Bird in Chimney

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
There was no screen cover on this HUD Wreck I've been working on and
I failed to put one on right after getting it. I hear an adult bird
in there now. Goes in and out. It's a straight shot up.

Will smoking em with some newspaper and maybe pinecones get em to
vacate a bit while I run up and put a cover on ya think? Don't wanna
really light a regular fire since it's been hovering around 100 the
past 10 days if ya know what I mean.

Please, no cracks about bats in my belfry :-)

Open the damper. Get a cat.

My 7-year old cat, Bob, who hasn't been outside since he was a wee
kitten caught a swift.

He howled like the Cat of the Baskervilles until I came to see what
all the ruckus was about. There he was, silly grin on his face, one
paw holding down a scared itty-bitty bird.

I retrieved the unhurt, but terrified, bird and loosed it out the
door. It flew away.

Bob, however, wasn't fit to live with for about a week. He had to tell
the other cats about his adventure. Several times. Buttons popped off
his shirt, he swelled his chest so much.

Got two of em'. Keeping fireplace blocked. Lat ting I want is to fetch
cats from the damn chimney!