Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Bird in Chimney

Red Green wrote:
There was no screen cover on this HUD Wreck I've been working on and I
failed to put one on right after getting it. I hear an adult bird in
there now. Goes in and out. It's a straight shot up.

Will smoking em with some newspaper and maybe pinecones get em to
vacate a bit while I run up and put a cover on ya think? Don't wanna
really light a regular fire since it's been hovering around 100 the
past 10 days if ya know what I mean.

Please, no cracks about bats in my belfry :-)

Open the damper. Get a cat.

My 7-year old cat, Bob, who hasn't been outside since he was a wee kitten
caught a swift.

He howled like the Cat of the Baskervilles until I came to see what all the
ruckus was about. There he was, silly grin on his face, one paw holding down
a scared itty-bitty bird.

I retrieved the unhurt, but terrified, bird and loosed it out the door. It
flew away.

Bob, however, wasn't fit to live with for about a week. He had to tell the
other cats about his adventure. Several times. Buttons popped off his shirt,
he swelled his chest so much.