Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default What is "standard" height of bathroom vanity?

In article , "Pat" wrote:

"bobmct" wrote in message
.. .
We are in the process of remodeling one of our bathrooms. The new
vanity we purchased (48") is 34" high without the top. We measured
our other one(s) in the house and they are about 31-32". Back to the
home center and most of 34"+. Is this a new trend? Is there a
"standard" height? Just wondering....

Bob

Higher is better for adults. Lower is better for children. Choose what
works best for your family.

Better IMO to build for adult height, and provide stools for the children
while they need them. They don't stay short for long... the kid who used to be
a cute little toddler is now 5" taller than I am...