Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Wire inground pool pump "Low" or "High"?

"bent" wrote in message
I bought an Aqua Coastal Champion 56-frame pool pump from Interpools.com
here in Toronto for a 16x32' in ground pool. It is made by
Waterwayplastics.com in Oxnard, CA. It is 1.0 h.p self priming and says it
has 115/230 option although on the boxes sticker "110AC" is written in a
couple places. I write all this because I am a duffus. The wiring I have
going to the pool pump has a black wire, a white wire, and a green (or
ground) wire, coming from an electrrician installed (probly req'd by
Canadadian code) CFCI throw attached to the main fuse box running
underground inside.

This pump has two ways to wire it inside the cover plate which they call
"Low Voltage" or "High Voltage". There are only two internal connectors,
plus a third for ground. For Low it is one way for High it is the
reverse. They are labelled "White" and "Brown". Which way do I wire it?
Is this enough information? The store so far: nada.

You wire it for whatever voltage you have. If you have 230 volts, use the
high voltage and for 115 use the low voltage connection. You need to find
out what voltage is comming to the pump on the black and white wires.