Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim B Tim B is offline

Default Mystery tool- what is it?

"texasjim1093" wrote in message
Hello, Jim in Texas here. I bought this from an estate along with
other tools in a package deal. One of the other items was a Fletcher
glass and mat cutter but this one has me baffled. It looks like it
holds a frame square but it is pretty odd. The hold downs are on
dovetail slides. There are no logos, numbers or other markings on it
other than pencil notes that read 1/8" out, 3/8" out, etc. I was
gonna use the drop box at metalworking.com but it confused me so try
my photobucket account:

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r...ystery%20tool/

If this posting of a link to my album is not acceptable to the group
standards please let me know and I will figure out the drop box.
Any help greatly appreciated, best regards, Jim Anderson

My guess would be a device for stretching canvas while mounting it on a
frame.