Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright Bill Wright is offline

Default CFLs and UHF interference

Bill Wright wrote:
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
My number one reason is energy usage, not for anything to do with
carbon emissions, but because viable energy is in increasingly
short supply in the world. Some of this is due to finite resources
running out,

Surprisingly, an item in yesterday's Times (could have been Thursday's)
showed (if taken as the truth) that oil reserves are greater now than
they have ever been. An impressive graphic had been produced to
illustrate this. And there was the oil 'expert' from the US on the telly
last week who said that the oil would never run out because of all the
low grade reserves as yet untouched. It will get very expensive, yes, but
ultimately replacements will come in a various price points. This leads
me to this morning's item in the Times (page 56 I think) which describes
two apparently very promising means of producing crude via genetic
engineering.

Bill

tHts ********.

Ohh, you little tinker! You were so keen to jump in there your fingers got
in a twist!

Whatever the true reserves are, they aren't 'unlimited'

No-one said they were. Although it could be the case that we could carry on
finding new reserves faster than we use up the old ones for quite a while.
Meanwhile, new energy sources will be found.

and whatever they are, they are never 100% recoverable. If it takes more
than a barrel of oil to extract a barrel of oil then as a fuel it is
useless.

That simply wouldn't be viable, so I doubt if the oil men would even think
of attempting to recover it, or the accountants would even think of counting
it in the first place.

Oil won't run out: It will just price itself out of the market. It almost
has already..

No, we're nowhere near that point. If we were you'd see a proliferation of
steam cars and God knows what else on the sreets.

Bill