Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright Bill Wright is offline

Default CFLs and UHF interference

Arfa Daily wrote:
Since we are lazy irresponsible beings, this will happen when the fossil
fuel runs out, which it seems to be doing.

There's enough coal under Yorkshire to last the whole UK 300 years.

So, no need to worry about global warming: we did it, we can't undo it,
and we will be fossil free in a few decades.

No we really won't. We have more oil reserves now than we've ever had
before.

Its just adapting to the next thousand years that will be 'interesting'

We should spend our wealth on adaptation, not on trying to do the
impossible -- reducing CO2 to what it was before the western industrial
revolution, whilst the eastern industrial revolution carries on merrily.
Basically that's like the west burning £20 notes to reduce inflation whilst
the east prints more of them.

Anyway, the 'problem' seems to be solving itself. Temperatures have stopped
rising. Goodness knows what all those who have made such a good thing for
themselves out of the current obsession will do for a living. Probably
they'll go back to more overt ultra-left politics.

Incidentally, did anyone outside our TV region see those subversives who sat
on top of a coal train near Drax and commenced the very hard labour of
shovelling all the coal onto the track? A bit of technical knowledge would
have helped them immensely. It isn't so difficult to open the hoppers and
let the coal pour out of the bottom of the wagon.

Bill