Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

Default CFLs and UHF interference

Bill Wright wrote:
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
My number one reason is energy usage, not for anything to do with
carbon emissions, but because viable energy is in increasingly
short supply in the world. Some of this is due to finite resources
running out,

Surprisingly, an item in yesterday's Times (could have been Thursday's)
showed (if taken as the truth) that oil reserves are greater now than they
have ever been. An impressive graphic had been produced to illustrate this.
And there was the oil 'expert' from the US on the telly last week who said
that the oil would never run out because of all the low grade reserves as
yet untouched. It will get very expensive, yes, but ultimately replacements
will come in a various price points. This leads me to this morning's item in
the Times (page 56 I think) which describes two apparently very promising
means of producing crude via genetic engineering.

Bill

tHts ********. Whatever the true reserves are, they aren't 'unlimited'
and whatever they are, they are never 100% recoverable. If it takes more
than a barrel of oil to extract a barrel of oil then as a fuel it is
useless. Its negative equity time. Doesn't meant it couldn't still be
used for making precious plastics though.

And the other issue is that its already far more epensive then nuclear
energy, so there is no reason to use it to make electricity apart from
political issues.

And if we use electric transport, no reason to put it in cars.

Oil won't run out: It will just price itself out of the market. It
almost has already..