Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dave in Houston[_3_] Dave in Houston[_3_] is offline

Default Sketchup is nifty!

"Swingman" wrote in message

Probably hard to tell from the jpg, but look closely ... that's radius,
not diameter.

Ahhhhhhh! I havn't felt this embarrassed since the tick inspector had
me strip naked while standing in the front door and hold my arms out for an
inspection. I felt so stoopid when somebody told me it was a trick to see
me naked.

The nesting box is for screech/saw-whet owls. There is an identical box
(the
one I used as a go-by) down the street with three little heads, and six
big,
unblinking eyes, peeping out as we speak, which is apparently what sparked
the sudden interest in the nesting boxes hereabouts, with folks paying in
excess of $50 for white pine boxes ... go figure.

Screech/saw-whet owls would have been my guess if I'd realized the hole
was 3 1/4 inch diameter. I actually picked one up off the neighbor's
driveway a few years ago and set him on one of our bedroom brick window
sills, afraid a cat would get it. It was gone next morning so who knows? I
have a couple of images I clicked a couple of years ago of one sitting on
ahigh shelf in my garage.

AAMOF, the one I made for me out of the extra wood is already up on a tree
about ten blocks away.

Have you noticed any advantage to having the Pro version? Other than
Layout,
and some export/import functions, is there any added CAD functionality,
and
would you consider it a worthwhile expense for woodworking projects?

The problem is that I don't remember what it was like using the free
version! I may be mis-remembering (that's a "Bushism") but I believe back
then (2005?) it was an eight hour trial version. I paid for and downloaded
the $495 pro version very soon after that and have updated most recently (a
year ago?) another $95 for the upgrade to Ver. 6.

Dave in Houston